|Level||Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2|
|Training and Assessment||
Workplace Visits and E-Portfolio
Note: Candidates do not attend college.
|Duration||Minimum 12 Months|
About the Apprenticeship
The Warehousing and Storage Apprenticeship deals with the movement and storage of goods, which is a critical aspect of any builder’s merchant business.
This work-based apprenticeship will provide hands on experience and help to develop the broad range of skills and knowledge to meet the employer’s business needs. Apprentices will also understand health & safety requirements and how to work as part of a team and the importance of good customer service.
The course could cover
- keeping the warehouse or yard clean and tidy
- working safely and following relevant legislation
- receiving goods in
- assembling orders
- placing goods into storage moving and handling goods
- loading and unloading vehicles
- working as part of a team
- maintaining quality / quantity of stock
- ordering materials
- customer service
An apprentice will achieve a number of recognised qualifications.
- NVQ in Warehousing and Storage Level 2
- Functional Skills (Maths and English )
Delivered in the workplace
• Minimum 12 months
Progression can include the following:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage
- Customer Service Level 2for 3
- Team Leading Level 2
- Management Level 3
Dependant on job role and responsibilities
- FREE for 16-18 year olds
- 19 + part funded with employer contribution POA