|Level||Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2|
|Training and Assessment||
Workplace Visits and E-Portfolio
Note: Candidates do not attend college.
|Duration||Minimum 12 Months|
About the Apprenticeship
The Apprenticeship in Team Leading is ideal for first-time team leaders with a range of responsibilities including:
- allocating work to team members / colleagues
- achieving specific results
- decision making
- developing yourself
The Apprenticeship aims to give learners an opportunity to develop their team leading skills, thereby becoming more effective for themselves and their employer.
Learners take three mandatory units focusing on planning and allocating work for the team, managing personal development, setting objectives and supporting team members.
Learners then choose from a diverse range of optional units to complete the qualification, tailoring their learning to meet their individual and organisational needs. As part of the apprenticeship, the learner will also be able to access free resources with membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Work based learning will provide hands on experience and help to develop a broad range of skills and knowledge to meet the employer’s business needs
The course could cover
- supervision of individual or teams
- developing staff and checking progress of tasks
- making improvements to how the company operates
- monitoring health and safety in the workplace and follow company procedures
An apprentice will achieve a number of recognised qualifications.
- NVQ in Team Leading Level 2
- Technical Certificate in Team Leading Level 2 (demonstrating your knowledge and understanding)
- Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT)
Delivered in the workplace
Minimum 12 months
Progression can include ILM Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Management, dependant on job role and responsibilities
- FREE for 16-18 year olds
- 19 + part funded with employer contribution POA