|Bobcat training with Didac delivers practical skills and theoretical knowledge allowing candidates to operate in compliance with HSE requirements.|
|Which accreditation is right for you?||NPORS||ITSSAR|
|Training is available to|
|Duration, Learners and Assessment|
|Training Duration||1-3 Days||1-3 Days|
|Learners||3 Maximum||3 Maximum|
|Training Manual and User Guidance||✓||✓|
|Registration Fees (Per Person)|
|Certificate/Registration||£17.50 + VAT||£4.50 + VAT|
|Photo ID Card (750gsm)||£17.50 + VAT||£7.50 + VAT|
|Photo ID Card & Certificate||£22.50 + VAT||£7.50 + VAT|
|HSE Regulation Compliance|
|PUWER 1998 Read more||✓||✓|
|LOLER 1998 Read more||✓||✓|
|The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Read more||✓||✓|
Price and Training Dates
Bobcat training prices and availability are dependent upon location as training is delivered on clients' premises.
To receive a quotation, complete the Get-A-Quote form located above including a postcode.
Our sales staff will contact you with full details; we aim to respond within 60 minutes during office hours.
- Accident Causes & Prevention
- Care of Equipment
- Hydraulic Systems & Controls
- Legal Duties
- Loader Capacities
- Loader Stability
- Operators Safety Code
- Overload Warning Devices
- PPE Requirements
- Pre-Use Safety checks
- Safe Operating Practices
- Weight Estimation
- Incorporate your company’s risk assessments
- Soft copies of all course paperwork are available to employers on completion of training
- Successful candidates receive a temporary pass notification form on the day as evidence of training
Bobcat operator training is available across the majority of makes, models, types of machinery and attachments including but not limited to the following.
NOTE: If you do not see the equipment for which you require training this does not mean that our trainers / assessors are not qualified to deliver the training you need.
|Makes & Models.||Attachments.|
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a minimum age requirement for completing Skid Steer training?
- With the exception of Lift Truck operators, there is no minimum age outlined in any UK legislation for plant operators.
Lift Truck operators in the UK must be over the minimum school leaving age (except in docks where they must be at least 18 years old).
You can find out more here: HSE Workplace Transport FAQ
- Is there an upper age limit for completing Skid Steer training?
- Do I receive a Bobcat licence when I complete this training?
- There is no such thing as a license as such, for any piece of plant machinery in the UK.
The term ‘licence’ suggests a document issued from a governmental or other constituted authority to operate a Bobcat. No such authority exists; there are only accrediting bodies and training providers who operate independently of the HSE or any other government organisation.
Successful candidates do receive a certificate and photo ID card, sometimes referred to as a Bobcat ticket; this provides evidence that the candidate has completed Bobcat Skid Steer training and is certified to use the equipment as outlined on the Bobcat certification.
- Can I use this training to drive a Bobcat on the public highway?
- To operate a Bobcat, whether on the public highway or not, the operator should be properly trained and certified.
Public highways in the UK are governed by the DVLA; the same rules apply for operating plant machinery on the road as with operating a different type of motor vehicle.
- The vehicle must be properly taxed.
- A valid insurance policy must be held.
- The driver must hold a valid road driving licence.
Full Time Training Staff
The following instructors are certified to deliver this course.
Have Didac delivered training to you before? Perhaps you recognise one of our instructors? We often get requests from repeat customers to have the same instructor again. Whenever possible we’ll do our best to fulfil such requests!
From time to time, Didac Ltd use sub-contractors to deliver training courses on our behalf. These sub-contractors are subject to the same detailed quality assurance procedures as our full time employees and hold all the correct insurances.
- Instructor and operator qualifications achieved within the last 5 years;
- Subject to random spot check site visits and auditing of paperwork;
- Public Liability insurance to the value of £5 million cover.
Click images to cycle gallery.
Bobcat driver training achieves a nationally recognised qualification, delivering the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge for operation of Skid Steer Loading Shovels.
Skid Steer Loaders are a machine that traditionally presented unique dangers to the driver compared with other front loaders; the nature of operational technique of this unconventional plant machine demands specialist training.
Bobcat safety training teaches the irregular skidding / dragging maneuverability of this versatile bucket loader. Improve the effectiveness of your staff with professional Skid Steer Loader training that will minimise risk of injury and improve safety to operators and other employees.
Skid Steer operator training is only available delivered on clients premises; the client is required to supply the Skid Steer Loader. Completion of training awards candidates with Skid Steer certification and photo ID card.
How does it work?
This unconventional plant machine turns by delivering different velocities of power or torque to the wheels on either side of the machine, thus skidding or dragging the vehicle into position. This can cause problems for the ground beneath much like tracked vehicles but enables extreme pivot maneuverability.