|Ride on Roller Training with Didac delivers practical skills and theoretical knowledge allowing candidates to operate in compliance with HSE requirements.|
|Which accreditation is right for you?||NPORS||ITSSAR|
|Training is available to|
|Duration, Learners and Assessment|
|Training Duration||✗||1-3 Days|
|Training Manual and User Guidance||✗||✓|
|Registration Fees (Per Person)|
|Certificate/Registration||✗||£4.50 + VAT|
|Photo ID Card (750gsm)||✗||£7.50 + VAT|
|Photo ID Card & Certificate||✗||£7.50 + VAT|
|PUWER 1998 Read more||✗||✓|
|LOLER 1998 Read more||✗||✓|
|The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Read more||✗||✓|
Price and Training Dates
Ride on Roller Training prices and availability are dependent upon location as training is delivered on clients' premises.
To receive a quotation, complete the Get-A-Quote form located above including a postcode.
Our sales staff will contact you with full details; we aim to respond within 60 minutes during office hours.
- Legal Duties and Regulations
- PPE Requirements
- Safe Operating Practices
- Accident Causes & Prevention
- Pre-Use Safety checks
- Hydraulic Systems & Controls
- Travelling on the public highway
- Rolling and Compacting
- Roller Stability
- Refuelling Procedures
- Parking and Post Stop Checks
- Roller Maintenance
- Incorporate your company’s risk assessments
- Soft copies of all course paperwork are available to employers on completion of training
- Successful candidates receive a temporary pass notification form on the day as evidence of training
Ride on Roller driver training is available across the majority of makes, models, types of machinery and attachments including but not limited to the following.
NOTE: If you do not see the equipment for which you require training this does not mean that our trainers / assessors are not qualified to deliver the training you need.
|Ride on Roller Types.||Makes & Models.|
Ride-on Smooth Finish
Ride-on soil / landfill compactor with pads / feet / spikes
Sheep Foot Roller / Tamping Roller
Tandem Drum / Double Drum
Dead Weight Roller
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a minimum age requirement for completing Ride on Roller training?
- With the exception of Lift Truck operators, there is no minimum age outlined in any UK legislation for plant operators.Lift Truck operators in the UK must be over the minimum school leaving age (except in docks where they must be at least 18 years old).
You can find out more here: HSE Workplace Transport FAQ.
- Is there an upper age limit for completing Ride on Roller driver training?
- Do I receive a Ride on Roller licence when I complete this training?
- There is no such thing as a Ride on Roller license for operating Ride on Rollers.
The term ‘licence’ suggests a document issued from a governmental or other constituted authority to operate a Ride on Roller. No such authority exists; there are only accrediting bodies and training providers who operate independently of the HSE or any other government organisation.
Successful candidates do receive a certificate and photo ID card, sometimes referred to as a Ride on Roller ticket; this provides evidence that the candidate has completed a Ride on Roller course and is certified to use the equipment as outlined on the Ride on Roller certification.
Full Time Training Staff
The following instructors are certified to deliver this course.
Have Didac delivered training to you before? Perhaps you recognise one of our instructors? We often get requests from repeat customers to have the same instructor again. Whenever possible we’ll do our best to fulfil such requests!
From time to time, Didac Ltd use sub-contractors to deliver training courses on our behalf. These sub-contractors are subject to the same detailed quality assurance procedures as our full time employees and hold all the correct insurances.
- Instructor and operator qualifications achieved within the last 5 years;
- Subject to random spot check site visits and auditing of paperwork;
- Public Liability insurance to the value of £5 million cover.
Ride on Roller ticket training instructs learners on how to manoeuvre the roller safely. Ride on Roller operatives will become accustomed with the vehicle and its operating principles to improve performance and minimise risk of injury.
In transit while on uneven groudn, Ride on Rollers can become unstable. Ride on Roller courses will address these issues and provide candidates with the knowledge to make informed decisions and operate safely if any given environment.
Drivers should make use of trained Banksman when manoeuvring, responsibilities of which will be outlined during training. Ride on Roller training courses include refuelling procedures, regulations for travelling on the public highway and maintenance requirements of the plant machine.
The ITSSAR Ride on Roller operator course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant statutory provisions, and Approved Codes of Practice.