Paediatric First Aid training achieves a CIEH Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid.
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
|Full Course||2 Days|
|Training is available to|
|All Experience Levels||✓|
|Learners and Assessment|
|CIEH Course Handout||✓|
|Certificate and Registration|
|CIEH Registration Fee (Per Learner)||£9.50 + VAT|
|HSE Regulation Compliance|
|The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 Read more||✓|
|The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Read more||✓|
Price and Training Dates
Paediatric First Aid training prices and availability are dependent upon location as training is delivered on clients' premises.
To receive a quotation, complete the Get-A-Quote form located above including a postcode.
Our sales staff will contact you with full details; we aim to respond within 60 minutes during office hours.
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid is a two-unit award, comprising:
- Unit 1: Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- Unit 2: Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury
Unit 1: Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- the role of the paediatric first aider
- dealing with emergencies
- management of an unconscious casualty
- management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- management of a casualty who is choking
- management of a casualty who is in shock
- management of a casualty who has a bleeding wound
It also provides the opportunity to practise the skills needed to administer first aid to an infant or child who is:
- not breathing
- bleeding from a wound and in shock
Unit 2: Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury
- dealing with chronic medical condition and sudden illness
- dealing with the effects of extreme heat and cold
- management of casualty with suspected fracture and dislocation
- management of casualty with head, neck or spinal injury
- dealing with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- dealing with electric shock
- deaing with burns and scalds
- dealing with poisoning
- dealing with bites and stings
- records and reporting
It also provides the opportunity to practise the skills needed to administer first aid to an infant or child who:
- requires a support sling
- requires an elevation sling
- has a suspected spinal injury
Who should complete this training
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid is primarily aimed at those working in child-care settings, but it will be useful for anyone with responsibility for caring for infants and children.
Full Time Training Staff
The following instructors are certified to deliver this course.
Have Didac delivered training to you before? Perhaps you recognise one of our instructors? We often get requests from repeat customers to have the same instructor again. Whenever possible we’ll do our best to fulfil such requests!
From time to time, Didac Ltd use sub-contractors to deliver training courses on our behalf. These sub-contractors are subject to the same detailed quality assurance procedures as our full time employees and hold all the correct insurances.
- Instructor and operator qualifications achieved within the last 5 years;
- Subject to random spot check site visits and auditing of paperwork;
- Public Liability insurance to the value of £5 million cover.
The national standards for first aid in childcare settings state that ‘at least one person who has a current paediatric first-aid certificate must be on the premises at all times when children are present’. Additionally, at least one person with a current paediatric first-aid certificate must accompany every outing.
In the UK, accidental injuries are the commonest cause of death in children over one year of age. Accidental injuries can also result in permanent disability and disfigurement. Most accidents are preventable and knowing what to do if an accident occurs can save a life.
By developing the knowledge, skills and understanding required to deal with a range of paediatric illnesses and injuries you can help to keep the infants and/or children in your care safe and well.