|Gantry Crane training with Didac achieves an ITSSAR accredited qualification. NPORS accredited training is available from June 2014.|
|Which accreditation is right for you?||NPORS||ITSSAR|
|Training is available to|
|Duration, Learners and Assessment|
|Training Duration||1-2 Days|
|Training Manual and User Guidance||✓|
|Certificate and Registration|
|Photo ID Card (750gsm)||✓|
|Registration Fee (Per Learner)||Free|
|HSE Regulation Compliance|
|The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974||✓|
Price and Training Dates
Gantry Crane training prices and availability are dependent upon location as training is delivered on clients' premises.
To receive a quotation, complete the Get-A-Quote form located above including a postcode.
Our sales staff will contact you with full details; we aim to respond within 60 minutes during office hours.
- Accident Causes & Prevention
- Crane/Slingers Signals
- Legal Duties
- Load Assessment
- Operating in the Vicinity of Pedestrians
- Overload Warning Systems
- Planning the Lift
- PPE Requirements
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Risk Assessment
- Safe Working Loads
Basic slinging is included in Gantry Crane training courses, but it is recommended candidates receive Slinger Banksman training in addition.
- Incorporate your company’s risk assessments
- Soft copies of all course paperwork are available to employers on completion of training
- Successful candidates receive a temporary pass notification form on the day as evidence of training
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a minimum age requirement for completing Gantry Crane operator training?
With the exception of Lift Truck operators, there is no minimum age outlined in any UK legislation for plant or lifting equipment operators.
Lift Truck operators in the UK must be over the minimum school leaving age (except in docks where they must be at least 18 years old).
You can find out more here: HSE Workplace Transport FAQ
- Is there an upper age limit for completing Gantry Crane operator training?
- Do I receive an Gantry Crane licence when I complete this training?
There is no such thing as a license as such, for any piece of lifting equipment in the UK.
The term ‘licence’ suggests a document issued from a governmental or other constituted authority to operate an Gantry Crane. No such authority exists; there are only accrediting bodies and training providers who operate independently of the HSE or any other government organisation.
Successful candidates do receive a certificate and photo ID card, sometimes referred to as an Gantry Crane ticket; this provides evidence that the candidate has completed training and is certified to use the equipment as outlined on the Gantry Crane certification.
- Instructor and operator qualifications achieved within the last 5 years;
- Subject to random spot check site visits and auditing of paperwork;
- Public Liability insurance to the value of £5 million cover.
Full Time Training Staff
The following instructors are certified to deliver this course.
Have Didac delivered training to you before? Perhaps you recognise one of our instructors? We often get requests from repeat customers to have the same instructor again. Whenever possible we’ll do our best to fulfil such requests!
From time to time, Didac Ltd use sub-contractors to deliver training courses on our behalf. These sub-contractors are subject to the same detailed quality assurance procedures as our full time employees and hold all the correct insurances.