|Level||Advanced Apprenticeship – Level 3|
|Training and Assessment||
Workplace Visits and E-Portfolio
Note: Candidates do not attend college.
|Duration||Minimum 12 Months|
About the Apprenticeship
The Apprenticeship in Management is ideal for first time managers with a range of responsibilities including:
- allocating work to team members / colleagues/ contractors;
- achieving specific results;
- managing financial and physical resources;
- decision making.
The Apprenticeship aims to give learners an opportunity to develop their management performance, becoming more effective in the workplace with a view to ongoing career development.
To achieve this, Apprentices cover three mandatory units on planning and allocating work for the team, managing personal development, setting objectives and supporting team members.
Apprentices can then choose from a diverse range of optional units to complete the qualification, tailoring their learning to meet their individual job role and employer needs. As part of the apprenticeship, the learner will also be able to access free resources with membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The whole programme is work based and will provide hands on experience and help to develop a broad range of skills and knowledge to meet your employer business needs.
The course can include
- Supervision of individual or teams
- Recruiting staff
- Developing team skills
- Making effective business decisions
- Improving one’s own professional development
- Develop and implement marketing plans
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Review Risks and manage processes
- Lead team meetings
An apprentice will achieve a number of recognised qualifications.
- NVQ in Management Level 3
- Technical Certificate in Management Principles Level 3 (demonstrating your knowledge and understanding)
- Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
Minimum 12 months
Progression can include the following:
- ILM Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management
Dependant on job role and responsibilities
- 19 to 24 employer contribution POA
- 25 plus student loan plus employer contribution POA