Paediatric First Aid training 2 day course achieves a CIEH Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid.
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
|Full Course||2 Days|
|Learners and Assessment|
|Learners||10 Maximum||10 Maximum|
|CIEH Course Handout||✓|
|Certificate and Registration|
|CIEH Registration Fee (Per Learner)||£9.50 + VAT|
|HSE Regulation Compliance|
|The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 Read more||✓|
|The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Read more||✓|
Get a Quote
PRICE AND TRAINING DATES
Paediatric First Aid training prices and availability are dependent upon location as training is delivered on clients' premises.
To receive a quotation, complete the Get-A-Quote form including a postcode. Our sales staff will contact you with full details; we aim to respond within 60 minutes during office hours.
0800 773 4230
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid is a two-unit award, comprising:
- Unit 1: Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- Unit 2: Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury
Unit 1: Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- the role of the paediatric first aider
- dealing with emergencies
- management of an unconscious casualty
- management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- management of a casualty who is choking
- management of a casualty who is in shock
- management of a casualty who has a bleeding wound
It also provides the opportunity to practise the skills needed to administer first aid to an infant or child who is:
- not breathing
- bleeding from a wound and in shock
Unit 2: Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury
- dealing with chronic medical condition and sudden illness
- dealing with the effects of extreme heat and cold
- management of casualty with suspected fracture and dislocation
- management of casualty with head, neck or spinal injury
- dealing with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- dealing with electric shock
- deaing with burns and scalds
- dealing with poisoning
- dealing with bites and stings
- records and reporting
It also provides the opportunity to practise the skills needed to administer first aid to an infant or child who:
- requires a support sling
- requires an elevation sling
- has a suspected spinal injury
Who should complete this training
Who should complete this training
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid is primarily aimed at those working in child-care settings, but it will be useful for anyone with responsibility for caring for infants and children.
The national standards for first aid in childcare settings state that ‘at least one person who has a current paediatric first-aid certificate must be on the premises at all times when children are present’. Additionally, at least one person with a current paediatric first-aid certificate must accompany every outing.
In the UK, accidental injuries are the commonest cause of death in children over one year of age. Accidental injuries can also result in permanent disability and disfigurement. Most accidents are preventable and knowing what to do if an accident occurs can save a life.
By developing the knowledge, skills and understanding required to deal with a range of paediatric illnesses and injuries you can help to keep the infants and/or children in your care safe and well.
On-site Paediatric First Aid training, UK wide
Didac deliver on-site Paediatric First Aid training and other plant courses to any location across the UK.
Some recent on-site training locations include:
Didac will always consider work overseas, including volatile regions and territories.
Contact us about our overseas work policy.