Health and Safety NVQ Level 3 achieves a City & Guilds Level 5 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
|City & Guilds|
|Duration and Assessment|
|Duration||Up to 18 months|
|Workplace Visits||4 Minimum|
|HSE Regulation Compliance|
|The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Read more||✓|
Price and Training Dates
Health and Safety NVQ Level 3 prices and availability are dependent upon location as training is delivered on clients' premises.
To receive a quotation, complete the Get-A-Quote form located above including a postcode.
Our sales staff will contact you with full details; we aim to respond within 60 minutes during office hours.
Who should complete this qualification
- Health & Safety Practitioners
Candidates must be working in a position responsible for implementing and evaluating Health & Safety policy and procedure.
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identify and control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement pro active monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to Influence health and safety practice
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- Continual assessment and support
The programme can commence at anytime, it is not fixed to the academic calendar.
Workplace Visits and E-Portfolio. Didac staff visit the workplace for review and support with evidence submitted using E-Portfolio.
The qualification is lifelong and does not need to be refreshed but CPD will need to be undertaken to maintain up-to-date practices.
Full Time Training Staff
The following instructors are certified to deliver this course.
Have Didac delivered training to you before? Perhaps you recognise one of our instructors? We often get requests from repeat customers to have the same instructor again. Whenever possible we’ll do our best to fulfil such requests!
From time to time, Didac Ltd use sub-contractors to deliver training courses on our behalf. These sub-contractors are subject to the same detailed quality assurance procedures as our full time employees and hold all the correct insurances.
- Instructor and operator qualifications achieved within the last 5 years;
- Subject to random spot check site visits and auditing of paperwork;
- Public Liability insurance to the value of £5 million cover.
Level 5 NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety is a diploma qualification aimed at senior management who write and implement policy and procedure, though the course remains suitable for supervisors, managers or consultants looking to improve their knowledge and skills.
The overriding subject of the Level 5 NVQ Health and Safety course is that of procedural development and implementation in order to prevent and respond to matters of Health and Safety. Candidates learn systems to review and evaluate the effectiveness of policy, indentifying areas for change or improvement.
NVQ Health and Safety training includes communication of systems to staff at all levels of the organisation, ensuring access to health and safety information relevant to the organisation. The actions of the Health and Safety NVQ training candidate should enable individuals in the workplace to take responsibility for their own health and safety.
Level 5 NVQ Health and Safety training courses help employers understand their obligations. Training advises on how to remain up to date with current legislation and regulations which could be through membership of an external organisation such as an occupational Health and Safety group.
Pro active Health and Safety is accident prevention. Reactive on the contrary is the response to an issue of Health and Safety, being prepared in the case of an accident or emergency or any other Health and Safety situation. The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Safety prepares candidates for this responsibility and completion of training requires candidates to demonstrate their competency in this area among others.